Join us as we mark the 65th annual Midwest Deans Conference at the historic Allerton Park & Retreat Center on October 6-8, 2013!
What do you want to talk about?
Unlike traditional conferences, the Deans Conference offers participating senior Student Affairs officials the opportunity to set the agenda; no topic is off limits. An added benefit to the relaxed agenda is that discussion can be as long – or as brief – as you, the participants, desire. In addition, we will also have a special presentation and discussion on a topic of your choosing. Please submit your suggestions to Theresa Beckett at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, August 2nd.
The Deans Conference presents an excellent networking opportunity for senior Student Affairs officers and you’re welcome to bring senior staff who would benefit from such an exchange.
Setting the scene…
Allerton Park & Retreat Center features breathtaking prairie and forest views, immaculate gardens and expansive grounds. This atmosphere pairs perfectly with the relaxed approach we take to the Deans Conference. The atmosphere, agenda and attire are all casual.
Registration begins at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday with a social gathering at 5:30 p.m. and dinner at 6:00 p.m. The conference concludes with lunch on Tuesday.
The registration fees for this year’s Midwest Dean’s Conference are listed below and include lodging, 6 meals, 3 breaks, and 2 snacks.
- Single Occupancy Room: $550
- Double Occupancy Room: $450
- If you do not require on-site lodging, the registration fee is $300
Registration for the conference has now closed. Please contact Theresa Beckett at email@example.com with any inquiries.
Directions to Allerton Park & Retreat Center
Arrival by Car, Interstate 72 (Google Maps)
- Exit off Interstate 72 at exit 164 onto Bridge Street and drive south towards Monticello.
- Turn right at the first crossroad, which will be Route 47 (frontage road off I-72)
- Travel approximately 2 miles west and turn left onto County Road 625 East.
- At the stop sign, turn right onto County Farm Road.
- Turn left onto the first road you come to, which will be Old Timber Road. Go through the brick columns and follow the signs to the Visitor’s Center and the main parking lot.
- If you're using Mapquest, Google Maps or GPS for turn-by-turn directions, the address is 515 Old Timber Road, Monticello, Illinois 61856.
Arrival by Commercial Airline into Willard Airport (CMI)
Upon your arrival into Willard Airport, you will have several ground transportation options.
- Willard offers services from several car rental agencies.
- Taxi and Limousine services are also available. Agencies currently licensed in Urbana-Champaign can be found on the City of Urbana’s website. Taxi service will cost approximately $60 one way.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Theresa Beckett at (217)244-4115 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
return to top